Workday HCM Specialist
IT Teams is a Romanian company specialized in software outsourcing and remote staffing. We aim to assemble passionate experts to help companies and startups achieve success. We deliver the perfect combination of technical skills, methodology and high speed delivery techniques to help startups and established companies extend their development teams.
Apply now »
Workday HCM Specialist
The Workday HCM Specialist will act as a Workday HCM subject matter expert with deep knowledge of Customer’s people business processes, being an escalation point for day to day operational support to business stakeholders and participating in the development, testing and delivery of changes, defect fixes and enhancements in line with business priorities. The successful candidate will also develop deep knowledge of how employee data is shared from Workday with other internal and external systems to support all people processes and solutions aligned to the People & Culture (P&C) domain.
- Act as a Workday HCM expert with deep knowledge of design, configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Become an authority on the people management processes Workday supports at Customer – e.g., Joiners/Movers/Leavers, Absence, Compensation, Benefits.
- Leverage your Workday expertise to recommend the best solution based on your internal customers’ requirements, resources, budget, and timeframe; with the flexibility to adapt the scope as additional needs are identified.
- Utilize your hands-on expertise of Workday to deliver your enhancements, including configuration, reporting, business processes, security, loading customer data, and moving configuration from tenant to tenant.
- Rigorously follow, and be a champion for, the Customer Change Management Process in JIRA – clearly articulating the requirements, business benefits, design, functional/technical change, impact, and test approach for your Workday enhancements.
- Demonstrate you can confidently and accurately manage, reconcile, map, and transform high volumes of employee data in MS Excel to drive data cleansing initiatives – prepare, test, and load cleansed data via EIB Integrations.
- Develop a deep understanding of how Workday shares employee and organizational data, via integrations, with other applications in the Customer system landscape – e.g., Payroll, T&A, L&D, Finance systems. Work alongside our Integrations COE to support the testing of these integrations when required.
- Act as a mentor to fellow Workday Analysts and Consultants, including providing support for shadow assignments. Actively participate in update training and internal opportunities to share your skills and learnings with others within the Customer.
- Take ownership of your own growth in the Workday Product space – be constantly curious and constantly learning how Workday can deliver user-friendly and effective solutions to our Customer’s customers – be an active member of Workday Community and the Workday User Groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of our existing application landscape, in flight projects and the target state for the P&C domain.
- Work closely with the product domain (product managers and product owners) to analyze, develop, test and implement changes in line with business priorities.
- Ensuring any changes required to the P&C applications or interfaces are agreed with all parties, scheduled accordingly and completed within the required timeframe.
- Escalation point for day to day support of existing systems; including supporting and coaching application engineers in the team with the management of more complex incidents, problems, service requests and changes in conjunction with internal technology teams, the business and service providers.
- Develop strong relationships with our third-party service providers; ensuring support and development services meet and exceed expectations.
- Providing oversight and participating in testing, configuration and implementation of new systems, upgrades, project changes and system enhancements.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and actively seek out opportunities to remove wasteful processes through automation; with a focus on reducing manual effort and incident/problem volumes.
- Collaborate closely and develop effective partnerships with the Product Domain (Product Managers and Product Owners) to create strategic objectives and organizational evolutions to better align business, product and technical opportunities.
- Evaluate technical & functional designs against business requirements; ensuring impact to supported systems is understood and managed effectively in order to enable seamless transition to business as usual support.
- Work with internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis, design, development and testing of changes to become an SME for the solutions delivered; enabling effective knowledge transfer & training to the wider team. • Provide guidance to the wider team on the creation of standard operating procedures, process flows, workarounds, and known errors to ensure all learnings are captured for future benefit. • Training and mentoring other engineers within the team to develop their technical skills and support career development.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal technology stakeholders, service providers and the business.
- Ensure all sensitive data is managed with caution and Customers remain fully compliant with GDPR as well as other relevant regulations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years HRIS support experience essential.
- Minimum 3 years Workday HCM implementation and/or support experience is essential for this role
- Workday integration experience would also be beneficial.
- Workday technical certifications desirable.
- Strong knowledge of HR business processes & systems is essential for this role.
- Exceptional attention to detail, passionate about data quality, can confidently and accurately manage, reconcile, map, and transform high volumes of employee data in MS Excel to drive data cleansing initiatives – prepare, test, and load cleansed data via EIB Integrations.
- Takes full ownership for ensuring solutions are thoroughly tested and can clearly articulate and assess entry and exit criteria for each test phase.
- Working knowledge of CrossKnowledge (Digital Learning Platform) and/or associated integrations would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experienced working on large projects; evaluating complex design documentation against business requirements and ensuring solutions delivered are fit for purpose.
- Experienced creating detailed technical implementation plans and migrating changes into production.
- Experience of working with cloud-based systems is desirable.
- Able to draw process flows and architecture diagrams using MS Visio.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to interpret customer issues & requirements and translate into working solutions.
- A solid technical background combined with the ability to understand business requirements, evaluate technical/functional design documentation and accurately assess any impact on existing systems and processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) – proven capability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences at different levels as appropriate.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritize support, projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Experience managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Customer information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Sound judgment, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and travel as required to support business priorities & deadlines.
Apply now »
Why IT Teams:
We are driven by curiosity so we conduct a Discovery Process, ensuring that the technology we deliver stays in tune with customer’s business goals. We encourage our team members to speak up, to share their advices and worries if any, so we are able to properly handle the software development projects risks. Honesty is a key ingredient of our collaboration with customers as well with our colleagues. Our Commitment towards customer goals is reflected by our regular progress reporting, a constant revision of project goals and deadlines and a solid quality control.Apply now »